January 2004 archives
Friday, January 30, 2004
For the first time in what seems like years (perhaps because it has been over a year), I've made some updates to the college football tradition site! The updates have been made to the kickoff chants and school colors sites.
Wednesday, January 21, 2004
I updated some of the major 1122 Productions events of the past year on the 1122 timeline page. Probably other stuff happened too, but it's late, and I can't remember them.
Tuesday, January 20, 2004
A couple of things that I decided to get today that I had been needing for a while but never really thought to get: a flashlight and a toolbox.
Every once in a while I have required the use of a flashlight and never have had it on hand. I have had other small flashlights but I figured that if I were going to get one, I'd get one that could get run over by a Mack truck and still function properly. That's right...a Maglite, baby! And I found it in a nice crimson, too.
Getting the flashlight made me think, as I was in Wal-Mart, that I really needed something to put all of my tools in. Most of my tools before this afternoon had resided in the bottom cubby of my Yaffa blocks, but not all of them. I needed a central location. And I found a nice-sized one (19" by 12 1/2", which is plenty big for me) for 10 dollars. So now my admittedly limited arsenal of tools has a permanent home.
Now, if I only had a reason to actually use the tools...
Monday, January 5, 2004
Thoughts while wondering just how long the trip from Gainesville to Boca will be this spring...
- Give LSU their props, and USC...give the BCS none at all.
- You know, one of the nice things about having a girlfriend is that it's cool to have a stuffed animal in your room...as long as it was a present from her.
- My truck really needs its air conditioning fixed. It's already 80 degrees here again! In January! On the 5th! Can you sense the bitterness already?
- From the "Great, all I need is another distraction" Department": I am now the owner of a new Gamecube, and NCAA 2004. Oh, dear...it's a good thing I'm not enrolled in any actual classes...
- Then again: it doesn't bode too well for my qualifying test studying either, now does it?
- One of life's little pleasures for me this past semester has been watching the previews of Monday Night Football on ESPN for the "Jacked Up" segment and seeing how into it the guys get. It's quite funny hearing their reactions to the big hits of the week.
- I'm feeling a little pressure trying to come up with these on the fly...Kelly's looking over my shoulder as I type.
- Okay, so that's not completely true: she's looking from the side, not over my shoulder.
- You haven't gone to an 80's party until you've gone as Pac-Man, baby! Pics to come, for sure.
- My favorite "Real Man of Genius" is Mr. Pro Wrestling Wardrobe Designer. What's yours?
- Only for the Truly Geeky Dept. I now own the MST3K version of "Manos, the Hands of Fate." And, yes, I will get my apartment-mates to watch it one day. Everyone needs to see the worst movie of all time to truly appreciate good cinema.
- And speaking of which, I don't care whose feathers I ruffle by saying this, but the Lord of the Rings trilogy is the best trilogy of all time. I'm saying this without having watched Return of the Jedi, or 95% of the Godfather movies. And I'm saying that I don't need to to make that assessment.
- Is it really that wrong to miss your broadband connection when you're away on the holiday break? I mean, who wouldn't want to get espn.com in a second as opposed to 30? I'm from an instant-gratification generation, baby...pander to me!