October 2004 archives
Thursday, October 21, 2004
The first edition of the wedding site is now live. There's a lot left to go, but at least it's a start. Now that the content management system is set up, both of us can start posting, and I can add other content too. So look there for wedding updates!
Tuesday, October 12, 2004
Tonight, Kelly and I will be joining Ricky and Tammy for the 6th 1122 Productions Flannel Quest! This will be the first FQ in three years, and the first ever to include my significant other in the mix, which I must say I'm happy about. :)
It's already a good time for flannel, as it's already starting to get colder up here. Right now 90% of my cold weather clothing is packed up, so it would be nice to have something to wear around the house right now before I can get down to Gainesville and get my winter wear. But mainly it's an excuse to get together and relive some old traditions (and who knows...maybe even start some new ones).
Watch this space (and the aforementioned flannel page) for the report on the trip. And as for the "coming soon" on the 2001 version...you might have to wait a bit longer. I don't even remember anything about it! :)
Wednesday, October 6, 2004
I seem to have added another year to my life. Funny, that. I think that officially pushes me out of the "mid-20s" now, doesn't it?
Tuesday, October 5, 2004
Another random thought challenge game! Today, while I'm working, I'll try to put down thoughts that come into my head, of course, updating each time something new happens. Here we go:
- I don't know about you, but whenever I hear "Amazing Grace" on bagpipes it always gets a little dusty around my eyes.
- Sign #142 I'm in the real world now: it seems like around 11:00 in the morning I start thinking about lunch. It used to be that when 11:00 rolled around, I thought about breakfast.
- A lesson that I've learned three times in the past year: just when I think I know Java decently well, I find out I don't know Java.
- Okay, so this isn't producing that many thoughts. That's because I'm actually doing work. Aren't ya proud of me?
- One of work's cardinal rules: if, at some point during your workday, you do not encounter a feeling of helplessness, your job's too easy.
- Okay, so that's a knee-jerk reaction: today I've started about five different projects, and had the opportunity to complete none of them.
- Three days, sweetheart! I can't wait to see you!